Making an impact and getting the outcomes you want is a skill set that all business professionals need.
And some of your most valuable time you spend is in meetings.
So, getting the most from your meetings is crucial. If you don’t, meetings can easily become a waste of your time, and a showcase for your weaknesses.
This course is designed for business professionals and senior managers, who need to make your meetings work for you.
- The first half prepares you with a solid grounding in the basics of how meetings work. But it will give you new tips and ideas to set you up for success.
- And the second half puts the focus on you and how you can project executive presence, create impact, and develop gravitas: the authority and trust that puts you at the top of people’s list of who to consult and trust.
Here are the main topics you'll learn about:
- Everything you need to do, to prepare for an effective meeting
- The five types of meeting and how you can combine them
- An 'Agenda for Results'
- The two most important parts of a meeting
- Building rapport with FROGS
- The four stages of a meeting
- How to project presence
- How to create impact with what you say
- How to generate a sense of gravitas and authority
- What is you get a question at your meeting, and you don't know the answer?
After a long career of advising clients, Mike will share the perfect, high-trust, high-value answer to any question.
In addition, you'll get downloadable workbook.
A Personal Message from the Course Tutor, Mike
This course came about when a client booked me for a conference for senior managers in professional services firms.
These high-powered people attend a lot of meetings and need to make their contributions to those meetings count. This is, after all, were they give the advice they are paid for, or make the sales that bring in new work.
But this time, as well as preparing carefully for the conference, I decided to record the sound, and develop a unique set of visuals to illustrate the ideas in a way that simply isn't possible in the live environment.
So, I hope you will enjoy and benefit from this innovative course, that combines the spontaneity of a live seminar, with the careful preparation of an online course - and this is my 10th course for Udemy.
The only prior experience you need is attending business meetings in your working life.
Mike Clayton has been a successful and innovative project manager.
He has led large project teams and managed large groups as a Senior Manager at international consulting firm, Deloitte.
And he has coached and trained many thousands of project managers.